2 Cabinet Girls is a fast-growing, small business based out of Apex, North Carolina. We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our non-smoking, non-vaping, non-chewing crew.
Although we’re in the cabinet painting business and need an experienced carpenter who is dependable and reliable. You will have a chance to do lots of different projects, but often it will revolve around trim work. Wrapping kitchen islands, trimming out cabinets with crown molding, beadboard, shiplap, board and batten, wainscotting, and floating shelves.
Although there is also an opportunity for additional carpentry work, the majority of your work will be interior trim work. That means your attention to detail has to be well above average. Most times there will be no other workers coming behind you, so your joints need to be tight and flawless.
Who we hire
You know that you could probably work anywhere because you’re an “A player” that always outperforms your co-workers. 2 Cabinet Girls is built on a single overarching belief… that helping our customers realize their dream is the only way to ensure that our company succeeds. Everything we do, every decision we make, reflects that belief.
We start by hiring for character traits like empathy, modesty, respect, trust, reliability, and patience. After that, we stay out of the way and let people do what they do best.
Your pay is not based on how long you’ve worked with us, it’s based on how valuable you are. That means the more value you bring to the equation, the more you will earn.
What we expect from you
- You will be working at customer’s homes throughout the Triangle area, we expect you to be prompt, clean, organized, and polite.
- You’ll usually be working with other members of our crew, you must remain professional at all times.
- You’ll need to be at the shop in Apex by 8 am every day.
- Understand and comply with all safety procedures and practices per company policies.
- You don’t use tobacco products or vape.
- You will treat customers like you would a friend. Keeping them in the loop if you’re running early or late.
- Your job is to make customers happy, not just “finish the job”.
What you bring to the equation
- You are detail-oriented. You have the ability to keep details of multiple jobs clear.
- You are able to accurately estimate time and materials for projects.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to stay focused and complete tasks on time.
- You have the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Dependable transportation.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Did I mention detail-oriented?
What you’ll get from us
This is a full-time position, roughly 35 to 45 hours a week. Starting salary will depend on experience, but what we’re looking for is someone who can grow with the company and possibly fill an expanded role in the future. Your initial pay rate is based on prior experience but is adjusted regularly to compensate for your outstanding work.
You will start each day at our Apex shop but can use our company vans to go to each job. You are free to use your own tools or ours. We try to use the right tools for the job and leave the job better and cleaner than we found it. That’s why we invested in Festool systems and Mercedes-Benz vans. We expect everyone to step up their usual work and do the work they know they’re capable of.