This position is for an someone who is comfortable removing and installing cabinet doors and drawers (and a hundred other tasks associated with that) to join the team. The position is a Monday through Friday, roughly 35 – 45 hour position.
You must have dependable transportation to get to Apex every day, but will be using company vans for your work. You will mainly be removing cabinet doors and drawer fronts from customer’s homes and bringing them back to the shop to be painted. You will also be taking freshly painted cabinet drawers and drawer fronts to customer’s homes and re-installing them. You will also be part of the team that prepares the door for painting when needed. Your success will be determined by the combination of your ability to make good decisions, install speed and quality work.
We’re known for being on-time, detail oriented, and extremely neat/clean. You will be expected to be the same.
Some experience is required. Your experience doesn’t have to be in the kitchen cabinet world, but you must have experience working with tools and meeting tight schedules.
What to Expect
- A very tight schedule, every single week.
- A constant push to do flawless work under time constraints.
- Daily communication to coordinate with the team.
- Moderate physical labor.
What You’re Awesome at
- You’re the type of person who can push through any situation.
- You are logic driven, not emotionally driven.
- You are open to learning new things.
- You’re open to trying things a different way.
- Problems are to be solved, not dwelled on.
- You embrace change, and love making the process better.
What Others Say About You
- You’re humble.
- You’re reliable.
- You’re organized.
- You’re warm, friendly, approachable, and have an innate desire to help others.
- You’re resourceful and creative.
What You’ll Get
This is a position that will start somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 hours per week. This is a 1099 contractor position. That means you are paid your entire hourly wage and then it’s up to you to pay taxes, etc. This position is essential to the success of the company and requires someone who can see the big picture while still having attention to detail.
We want to continue the growth we’ve had since 2014, which means we need people who are invested in helping make that happen. You need to be able to see the big picture to reap the rewards that are awaiting the right person. If you find yourself saying things like, “It doesn’t matter to me, I’m still getting paid.” don’t bother applying, it won’t end well.